Thursday, April 24, 2014

Post #8 OEDIPUS COMPLEX

What Oedipus Complex is, is that it is a theory of Sigmund Freud's that says young males are unaware of a desire that consists of penetrating both his parents: one with the tip of a sword, and the other with a penis.

My opinion on this is that I do not think this is true because I have never experienced such absurd thoughts of killing my father and marrying my mother. Though I agree on the other topic discussed in class earlier days ago, which was I believe: finding a friend or even a significant other who share the same characteristics of our parents.

The Oedipus Complex in my opinion is a disturbed idea that will stick to our heads for the rest of our lives because it is very overboard and unique.

2 comments:

  1. That is a really extreme beginning, which immediately caught my attention. Starting the post with such a powerful statement is really brilliant. It is a good hook. Are you sure the statement is accurate? Your opinion is very intersting as well. Maybe talk more about the origins of the odipus complex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting way to start the post!

    I think the second paragraph is interesting. I think you are trying to say that you don't believe you have an Oedipus Complex, because you haven't had those types of thoughts. However, I'm not sure about what your opinion is on those people who DO have the Oedipus Complex is. I agree with the last paragraph that the idea of marrying your mother and killing your father is very extreme and disturbing.

    ReplyDelete